Monday, July 4, 2011

Is sugar the enemy for ADHD?

4th of July. One of the best weekends of the year! But unfortunately one filled with over the top sugar! For a child with ADHD, this can be the drug that makes the evil come out. I am currently on a diet that includes very little sugar. I have been trying to pass this down to Little man. Its difficult. And since this weekend was filled with an Air Show and festivities galore, it made it ven harder. Yesterday, Little man got to see the fighter jets. At 6 he has decided that he wants to fly for the military now. Yes, I know he's young yet but whatever gets him going. Not a lot of sugar since we brought all of our food. He was an angel (considering we were out in the sun ALL day.) Today, I thnk I've got this under control. Fearing last week that my husband and I were going to have to put him back on his meds, I think we may have found something to get us by for awhile. I am still a little afraid of the drugs. He reacted really well to them, but had no appetite. Little man has ALWAYS been in the 5% in the weight category, so I didn't want him to slip to far. What do you other parents think? I know sugar does things to kids, but a for a child with ADHD it seems to raise the issues higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment