Friday, July 1, 2011

Scarey Night

Ok, my son got a chance to play with one of his best friends yesterday (its his girlfriend if you ask them). Mind you, he has not slept now in a good 36 hours. By the time 7pm came along, he was tired. YAY! I took him to the gas station with me, which is literally a block away, because he wanted to come with. He fell asleep on the way. No kidding. So when we got home, I laid him on the couch. Sidenote here- he has been sleeping on the couch for months since there is, in his words, "something spooky" about his bedroom. Anyway.  While daddy and I were getting ready for bed, we heard little man wimpering. Thinking it was just a nightmare, we let it go. Then he woke up crying. I rushed to his side. "What's wrong, buddy. Did you have a bad dream?" I got no response. Shaking him, his eyes finally opened, but then rolled into the back of his head. He continued sobbing. Daddy tried to talk to him. He would look at us for a second and then roll his eyes back up again. This lasted for about 5 - 7 minutes. He was mumbling and crying through the whole ordeal. Then, we finally started to get responses to questions. But they didn't make sense. He kept falling asleep for a second and then waking up and crying again. Finally, I picked him up completely off the couch and carried him to the kitchen, sat him on the counter and tried to get him back alert. He finally snapped out of it, like I said after a good 5 - 7 minutes and took a drink of water. Daddy asked him what was wrong again and why he was crying. Little man said he didn't know what happened or why he was crying. Then just like that he was fine. He went potty and walked back to the couch. He slept the whole rest of the night, with us hawk-eyeing him of course. Any thoughts on this. Has anyone else's ADHD child or self had anything like this? I am thinking a seizure or a horrible night terror.

3 comments:

  1. Fits symptoms of a seizure.I have a couple friends who have seizure disorders.but don't get freaked out he was also very sleep deprived.maybe a check with the doctor? Does be ever just stare blankly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has never really stared blankly, unless he is tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good I'm no doctor or nurse though! One of my friends will just stare and she is having a seizure and only lasts like 2 minutes. hope u figure it all out.Polly a night terror like u think it is.

    ReplyDelete